Due to the Corona virus, the office of Family Promise of Waukesha County is available by appointment only. (262-968-2321) It is important to keep our families, volunteers and staff safe. Appointments are necessary for program assessments, volunteering, and dropping off donated items. All visitors are to wear a mask and maintain physical distance. If you have symptoms associated with the corona virus please postpone your visit and follow CDC guidelines. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
We help homeless families with children regain and retain their independence.
Family Promise of Waukesha County works in partnership with faith-based communities and other groups to provide free room and board for up to 90 days. During this time, guests work with our case manager at our Day Center to assist families to connect to other local resources, develop life skills, locate housing and secure sufficient income and benefits to reestablish and sustain their own home. We then follow up with these families to help them keep their home and flourish.
Family Promise of Waukesha County serves homeless families and their children. Families are provided overnight shelter, meals and support services with the goal of achieving permanent, independent housing.
- Family Promise serves adults who have legal custody of minor children. Families stay together in our program.
- 28 host and support congregations provide shelter, meals, overnight shelter and volunteers to care for our guests.
- Our Resource Center provides one-on-one case management for the purpose of developing an individualized plan toward self-sufficiency.
- Case Management often includes job training, employment search, budgeting, child-care, finding housing resources are all aspects of individualized case management.
- Families typically work through the program in 45-60 days.
- Family Promise continues to partner with families for one year after departing the shelter.