Family Promise of Waukesha County is seeking an enthusiastic, detailed oriented, team player who can maintain confidentiality to serve as our Office Manager. Submit cover letter and resume, electronically to email@example.com
We help homeless families with minor children regain and retain their independence.
The Office Manager provides administrative support for the organization, including basic office tasks such as answering the phone, providing data entry, bookkeeping, keeping statistics, assisting in the execution of the communication plan including social media, newsletters and website management, volunteer coordination, fund development data base, and working directly for the Executive Director.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Manage basic office functions, including phone and in-person reception, mail processing, in-kind donation processing, supply shopping, inventory processing, print and copy jobs.
- Administer accounts payable and receivables, complete basic bookkeeping tasks including journal entries and provide needed financial reports. Reconcile the books each month.
- Complete extensive data entry, including donor database management, mailing list updates, track data performance database management, spreadsheet updates and basic bookkeeping.
- Assist the Executive Director in the execution of the communications plan particularly in website management, email marketing, social media, newsletter creation, distribution of media release and event registration.
- Administer various online applications, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, website updates and event registration management.
- Manage volunteer database and follow-up.
- Assist the Executive Director with a variety of tasks such as calendar support, vendor administration, meeting prep support and special projects.
- Ability to create a hospitable environment and provide customer support for families in crisis, volunteers, donors, and supporters.
- Office Administration and Organization.
- Proficiency in bookkeeping utilizing QuickBooks.
- High competency using MS Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.
- Data Entry and CRM management.
- Produce reports to demonstrate organizational performance.
- Experience in Website Administration
- Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and email marketing (Mailchimp)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
This job operates in an office environment within a day center shelter for homeless families. It involves regular interaction with and distractions from day center guests and drop-in/call-in donors, volunteers, vendors and clients. This role routinely uses standard office systems such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
This job also requires occasional travel by automobile thereby exposing one to changing weather conditions.
The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee regularly lifts and moves up to 10 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time, 20-25 hours per week, non-exempt position. Some weekend and evening hours may be needed.
Travel is minimal and exclusively local during the business day.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- 2-4 years of experience in office administration, bookkeeping and data entry
- 1-3 years of social media management.
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.