FAMILY PROMISE IS PROVIDING RENT AND UTILITY ASSISTANCE FOR FAMILIES IN NEED
Applications are now being accepted by Family Promise of Waukesha County from families who are seeking rent, mortgage or utility assistance. The purpose of these funds are to assist families with children to be able to remain in their homes and avoid the impact of family homelessness. Use the Inquiry button for more information. Guidelines are below. If you fit the guidelines please submit the application. Please allow for ten days to process your request. Funds will not be available before April 15, 2020.
FAMILY HOMELESSNESS PREVENTION FUND GUIDELINES
This is a one time prevention fund to help families remain in their homes. Please read the following guidelines to determine if you are eligible for assistance. You can begin the process by completing the application.
To be eligible your families income should fit into the state of Wisconsin section 8 rent voucher program.
1 person household $28,850
4 $41, 150
Applicants will also:
- Be a Waukesha County resident.
- Be a family with minor children. We define family as any adult who has legal guardianship of a minor child.
- Be no more than one month behind in their rent/utility bill.
- Be able to verify income, whether job loss or a reduction of hours. If applicant has a job must be able to provide reason and proof why rent/mortgage or utility cannot be paid this month.
- Provide income information for every adult living in the home.
- Provide proof of the amount of rent/utility bill.
- Allow a Family Promise representative to speak with employer, contact landlord as well as any other service provider to determine the need for assistance.
Payment will go directly to the landlord, utility company or service provider.
Family Promise reserves the right to provide partial assistance.
Families who accept financial support agree to work with the social worker to plan for the following months and connect to resources.